Adventist Development and Relief Agency is a global humanitarian organization of Seventh-day Adventist Church, showing love and compassion of God. The basis of the agency is to follow the highest standards of service to people in need, regardless of their national, ethnic, political and religious affiliation.
ADRA works for vulnerable people to improve their quality of life by helping them through community-based initiatives aimed at promoting food security, economic development, primary health care and basic education. An integral part of the ADRA’s activity is helping the victims in emergency situations.
ADRA Believes . . .
- That through humanitarian acts we make known the just, merciful and loving character of God.
- That all people have the fundamental right to care, basic goods and services.
- That equitable partnership with those in need will result in sustainable change.
- That age, gender, race, culture, and families enrich the communities with whom we work, and are assets to be respected and affirmed.
- In participatory development which utilizes both men and women’s capabilities and provides equal opportunity to individuals of differing ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds.
- That all persons, especially children, have the right to a life of opportunity and the freedom to choose their own future.
- In enabling partners to create participatory and sustainable community structures for information sharing and civil engagement.
- That all resources, opportunities, and advantages are gifts, which must be managed responsibly.
- That all people, in particular women and children, have the right to protection and a life free from violence, sexual exploitation, and all other forms of abuse.
- In demonstrating integrity and transparency in our work at every level.